Silverlight 2: BETA 2 Releasing
Silverlight 2 BETA 2 will be releasing later in this week. Silverlight 2 improved over Silverlight 1 by incorporating .NET CLR in it thereby immensely improving the usefulness..
The BETA 2 now takes Silverlight 2 to “Enterprise Ready” status with a commercial go-live license available… Some improvements included in BETA 2 are:
- New and improved controls (over 40 new controls - button, check box, date controls, gridview, layout, TabControl, text wrapping and scrollbars for TextBox, and for DataGrid additions include Autosize, Reorder, Sort)
- Networking improvements (cross-domain networking support for calling REST, WS*/SOAP, POX, RSS, and standard HTTP services, upload support for WebClient, and duplex communications)
- Data handling Improvements (can now provide one way or two way databinding to any number of data sources including LINQ)
- Improvements in error handling, reporting and development experience
- Updates to Deep Zoom and animation (XML-based file format for Deep Zoom image tiles, as well as a new MultiScaleTileSource that enables existing tile databases to utilize Deep Zoom. build ads that plug into Silverlight and work with myriad network and syndication providers in the ecosystem)
- Updates to ensure WPF compatibility
- General improvements in performance and keyboard input support
One of the beacon deployments of Silverlight is going to be at Beijing Olympic Games where it will be used to deliver an exclusive access to over 3000 hours of live and on-demand video content.
Silverlight 2 is going to debut in Fall of 2008.
Can you think of getting left behind?