Windows Vista – Underestimated?
Some facts (and not opinions or hearsay) about Vista:
1. Worldwide Reach: Over 140 million licenses sold to date.
2. Adopted as fast as Windows XP: Millions of enterprise seats deployed, and growing on pace to deploy at a similar rate to Windows XP among businesses.
3. Enhanced Security: Less than half the vulnerabilities of Windows XP; a machine is 60% less likely to be infected with malware vs. Windows XP
4. Hardware Compatible: Over 79,000 devices and components are supported out of the box – 47,000 more since RTM.
5. Application Compatible: Over 200 Line of Business applications unblocked, 99 percent of top selling consumer applications are compatible.
6. Solid Performance: In recent tests, Windows Vista Service Pack 1 was noticeably more responsive after rebooting than Windows XP on several common business operations.
7. Total Cost of Ownership: Reports show $251 per mobile PC per year in cost savings.
8. Energy Efficient: Energy savings of $38.3 thousand per year for a well-managed 2,500 PC organization.
Some Positive articles about Vista in press:
· CRN, “Shout it from the rooftops: Vista’s more secure,” http://www.crn.com/software/205918138
· CBS News, “Don’t Fear the Vista from Your Windows,” http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/30/scitech/pcanswer/main4218082.shtml?source=search_story
· CNET, “Microsoft to businesses: Now is the time to switch to Vista,” http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9959703-7.html
· Wall Street Journal, “Vista Looks to Pioneers,” http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119007886334230695.html
· PC World, “Windows Vista: 15 Reasons to Switch,” http://www.pcworld.com/printable/article/id,128656/printable.html
· TheStreet.com, ”Why Upgrade to Vista?” http://www.thestreet.com/funds/goodlife/10356669.html